10 Things No One Tells You About Wedding Planning
Planning your wedding often means throwing a party for about two hundred people, selecting a wardrobe, finding deals with your vendors, and planning a vacation- all at the same time. With so many balls in the air, it’s inevitable that on your wedding planning journey you’ll have a few surprises (and not all the happy kind) along the way. We’re sharing the 10 tips that can help you find your way to wedded bliss a little faster.
1. Your dress is important, but there are dozens of other ways to showcase your personal style.
2. The venue and seasonality can help you to narrow down many of your decisions, from flowers to attire.
3. The printed word is a great way to highlight your wedding theme, so be creative and consistent in your stationary.
4. Don’t skimp on your menu. Use seasonal and regional ingredients to get the freshest of everything. Trim elsewhere if your budget gets tight. Guests always remember the food!
5. Alcohol before the ceremony is guaranteed to make the guests sleepy. You want all eyes on you as you say “I do.”
6. Tipping a portion of the gratuity in advance can ensure great service.
7. Pay close attention to your seating arrangements and don’t worry if you make a million changes before the final day. Who is seated with whom will determine who has a good time!
8. The details are what will make your entire wedding event unique, from the rehearsal dinner to the morning-after brunch, from the color of your votive candles to the music you select for your first dance.
9. Flowers always add an element of beauty, so choose ones you love.
10. Include your groom in all decisions- this is his wedding, too!
- 11 Ideas That Will Transform Your Backyard Into The Best Wedding Ever
- The Best Etsy Finds For Your Wedding Favors
- Wedding Planning As Told By The Bachelor Girls
- 7 Non-Cheesy Ways To Add Valentine’s Day Romance To Your Wedding
- The World's Worst Wedding Fails Of All Time
- The Internet Has Spoken: These Are The Best DIY Wedding Tutorials